Sunday, May 29, 2011

Carnival San Francisco

Dear San Francisco.... Thank you for making me cry to today, as I absorbed the beauty of the Carnival in your streets. Tears of joy came to my eyes, as I watch the Samba dancers celebrate life in your streets in the wonderful Mission, and as I listened to your musicians and artists shout "I love life."

I would definitely recommend visiting San Francisco just for the Carnival. We have such a blessed community of Latin Americans, and such diversity within that group to include peoples from all over the world.

The parade starts at 9:30am and runs through the heart of the Mission District. The dance troupes do their best to keep the party going, and the music is bombastic. There are literally thousands of people lining the streets.

The party starts a couple of days before and culminates in a fantastic final event. It is certainly the most entertaining cultural event in San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment